

Did I mention we were shopping?! :-)
We started the day at o'dark thirty with a visit to Keeneland to see the morning works at the track, had breakfast at the track kitchen and then went over to the Park. (Yes, I was up and out of the room by 6!!)
The morning workouts were really cool -- many of the assistant trainers and the exercise riders spoke and smiled as they took their gorgeous mounts out for workouts at various speeds.
We got to the Park and started hitting the trade fair again. Retail Therapy 101 has some graduates!!
Harvey got a gorgeous new halter, I have a new xc vest, a new half pad and some various cool stuff. We visited with Ralph, which was awesome. He looks and sounds great. The Future Event Horse Seminar was quite well done and we feel pretty confident that our babies will do well in July.
We went to the COTH gathering at the Chinese Restaurant at dinner, and I finally got to meet Annika! My only regret is that Barb and I have not crossed paths, though you would think we would have. I didn't get her message yesterday in time to meet up and xc day was nuts today!
For xc day, we got there early and had GREAT parking. We went into the park early and didn't have to wait in line anywhere. We saw the Pony go first and then finished up in the trade fair, where Bronwyn and I were really lucky with our super deal on some paddock boots!

The Pony at the Head of the Lake

Crowd on xc day

Blair King and King's Whisper at the Dray
Becky Holder's xc ride on Comet was astonishing, and seeing Laine's fall was less fun. We are continuing to pray for her and Frodo.
We will be heading back tomorrow, and will miss the jog and stadium. :-( But , we have a long drive ahead and it will serve us well to get started.
Thanks for following along -- this has been a great trip!

Beth, Bronwyn, Libby a the Head of the Lake
Bronwyn in the ditch
On the Island in the Head of the Lake



1 comment:
Glad you are blogging again! I keep checking in just to see if you have and it was good to see the pix of Rolex and all of you. So sorry about Leslie and Frodo.
Hope you will post more and not let so much time go by. It would be nice to see how your guys are doing as well as Bronny's too. Tell her I said hi!
Take care,
trisha
Post a Comment